Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Getting Ready for a Game Plan

I titled this blog Brand New Second for a reason, remember? I always seem to need a do-over.

That's my disclaimer for the game plan. I am a big believer in positive thinking, but I am also doing a reality check here about my own time-proven habits and behaviors.

I am promising myself if I DON'T carry out one of my goals, I will not ditch the whole plan and give up.

If I get excited about cooking up a truckload of chicken because I got it on sale, I will NOT berate myself because I didn't make the homemade laundry soap that was the plan of the day.

I will celebrate every small success and not get all disgruntled and bent out of shape because it wasn't an earth-shattering, life-changing kind of day.

I will remember every tiny baby step I make toward saving money, helping my family and being more self-sufficient is a WIN.

Ah. Good pep talk.

Time to get crackin'.

1 comment:

  1. B-e-a-utiful! I like those pep-talks. I have in the back of my mind a plan to focus on one talent a month in my free time. I haven't made a plan yet, but for example, one month my free time will be spend sewing. Another, piano. Another learning new recipes and cooking skills. And so forth. This could be a good pep-talk for myself when I get there! Love you!

    ReplyDelete