Thursday, January 31, 2013

A word is worth a thousand pictures.

I am a perfectionist.

This does NOT mean I do things perfectly.

It means I get annoyed and irritable when things are NOT perfect.

My canned goods all have to have the labels facing front. My DVDs are alphabetized. The towels in the linens closet have the folds on the outside.

I am also a mom. Perfectionism and mom-ness seldom go hand in hand.
You have to learn to let some things go.

I really, really, really wanted to take a picture of my frugal, healthy, kid-approved TREAT that I made. It was even all my own idea - no Pinterest or nothin'.

But I am NOT a picture person. Cameras and I do not play nice together. When I do actually take a picture, I have no idea how to get it from the camera to my computer. My husband has shown me COUNTLESS times, but I have too much time in between picture-to-computer moments to actually remember the steps.

So I'm gonna let the picture go. (You have no idea how hard that was for me.)

*****

I was doing a shopping trip, making sure we had all the stuff we needed to pack lunches. Bread, check.  Peanut butter - in bulk from Sam's cuz four people packing every day means a LOT of peanut butter. Strawberry jam. Homemade, tons in the freezer. Check.

We usually do something like goldfish or granola bars for a treat, and they will throw in an apple, orange or banana. Done.

But every once in a while I will splurge and we will get yogurt cups or cookies or Pringles. (The Pringles usually happen when *I* went them, but that'll be our little secret, okay?)

Not feelin' the Pringles that day, and saw the yogurt cups WITH cookie crumbles oh-so cleverly separately packaged to maintain crunch.

Price tag and no coupon meant I walked on by.

But I was thinking... Cuz my little guy REALLY loves those.

I bought a giant vanilla yogurt for less than $2 and a package of hard chocolate chip cookies for 99 cents. I already had the cute the little containers for the yogurt and then I crunched up the cookie in a ziploc snack bag. Zing. WAY more helpings than the dumb four-pack in the store.

I'm so proud.

Was that a no-brained for you? Well, it was fairly momentous for me.

Score.


1 comment:

  1. That sounds yummy. Can you pack a lunch for me today??
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete